Monday, July 11, 2011

Week Three

I didn't post last week because of the Fourth of July. I didn't even weigh last week. Maybe if I had, this week would have turned out better. One thing I'm learning is that I have to take it one day at a time. Some days I feel great about my journey and others I just feel like giving up. Today, I'm bummed about it for a few reasons. The main reason being that I only lost 1.2 lbs the last two weeks! This is discouraging because I have worked so hard the last few weeks and all I have to show for it is a 1.2 lb loss? Lauree says not to put too much stock in the scale because it is only one way to measure your progress. That is easier said than done when WEIGHT is what has been shoved down our throats our whole lives! I do feel better, more energetic, and I really don't feel as fat as I look. In my mind's eye, I'm as thin as I feel. Then I get a rude awakening when I see pictures of me like the ones I saw yesterday. I have posted them at the end of this blog entry.

Sat, July 9, I had a completely different attitude. This is what I typed up on Saturday.


Some days the weight loss seems to be screaming at me "Look how good you look!" Than other days, it almost looks like I haven't lost at all. Today is one of those "look at you" days!

I went to the Team Excel meeting this morning. I almost didn't go. I had worked all night. I was tired and my legs were stiff. I was only able to walk one mile because I was too tired and because the shorts I was wearing kept riding up causing my legs to chafe. Time to get some walking shorts, I guess. I felt like a failure but everyone on my team was so encouraging saying things like "you are not a failure! If I had worked all night, I wouldn't be here!" and "Just that fact that you came and walked one mile shows you're not a failure!" Those words were so encouraging and uplifting! I love my teammates!!!

I am also glad I went because I really needed to hear Maria say that she used to weigh 303! I haven't busted 300 (and I never will). She is now probably about 160 at the most! She decided she was tired of being fat so she began walking. At first she resolved to walk to the mailbox everyday. Then she pushed herself to walk to the end of her road. She continued to walk farther and farther. A few years later she decided to try a 5K. At the 5K someone asked her if she would be interested in doing a half marathon and join a team that would help and encourage her--Team Excel. That was last year. She walked the Murfreesboro Half last year. This year she is training to run the Music City Half! 

So, in summary, I'm not giving up even though I am feeling discouraged. Well, I told Dean (my trainer) that I would do those three miles that I didn't do on Saturday today. So, I'd better run.

  

That is Maria in the pink shirt and blue capris. Doesn't she look AMAZING?!

2 comments:

  1. Trai, I love your candid share and your writing style. We all have good and bad days. I have stopped weighing daily because I am not losing any weight, CANCEL that thought it is stinking thinking. Here is my new mantra which I repeat several times a day, "I am thrilled with my new body which is getting stronger and healthier everyday because I am eating healthy and exercising. Taking care of my body as it was designed to be cared for gives me the correct size and shape." It is true that we get what we claim when we put the right action behind the claim.

    Keep on, you are doing all the right things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Joy! Doing this with a team has certainly helped. I love your new mantra and I think I may steal it...lol I don't weigh daily, but weekly. Even that can be discouraging. Maybe I should try monthly.

    ReplyDelete