Monday, July 18, 2011

Week Four

Tuesday, July 12, 2011
I finally did the 3 miles that I was supposed to do on Sat. It is getting hard to walk these distances! It can't get hard yet! I still have 10 miles to add! Lord, if I'm going to do this, I really need Your help!
The heat wasn't even an issue today because I went to the community center. I got so hungry halfway that I thought I was going to fall over! I took a short break, prayed, stretched, and drank a little water. Then I pressed on. I finished, but it was hard!

Friday, July 15, 2011
I have to figure something out. The problem is my schedule. Friday nights are busy nights at work, but I have a hard time doing the group walks on Sat morning after working all night. Also, during the week walking when I get up is very difficult because it is so hot at that hour of the day. I really want to walk in the morning. It makes the most sense.
The other problem is that my body is SCREAMING for more sleep. For years I have worked all night and then slept about 5-6 hours the next day. My body is demanding more sleep! I rarely use an alarm because I've always woken up automatically after about 5 hours. Now, I don't wake up until 7-8 hours have passed.

Saturday, July 16, 2011
Today was the group walk at Cedar Hill Park. I walked four miles today and didn't have any problems. It took me an hour and twenty minutes. There were a few hills, one of which was difficult, but not worse than the one I tackled last week in the neighborhood. The road around the park is exactly a two-mile loop. The first time around I was feeling really good. The second time up that hill I was struggling a little. I looked to my right just as a bunny rabbit came out of the woods and hopped slowly up the hill "with" me. As soon as I reached the top, he disappeared back into the woods. When I thanked God for sending the bunny to help me, a beautiful butterfly flew around me seven or eight times. It was almost as if God was cheering me on! Below are the photos from the walk.

Monday, July 18, 2011
Today I weighed and I am not happy! I gained .4 lbs. That may not sound like much but when you're expecting to see about a two pound loss, a gain is NOT good news! In fact it is extremely discouraging!





No comments:

Post a Comment