Friday, August 12, 2011

Week Eight


Well, this week has been an interesting one. I have only worked out two days, Monday and Tuesday. I have also eaten some not-so-good foods this week.

Saturday morning, I missed the group walk/run because I was up until 2am Friday night working on some history review with Abby to get ready for the new school year. Saturday afternoon we went to Josh and Rebecca's wedding (which was BEAUTIFUL). When we returned home, we had finally received Abby's curriculum in the mail, but when I opened the box (which seemed small to me) I discovered only Language Arts was present. Long story short, I misunderstood the contract with the provider and we will only get one subject at a time every other month unless I pay for the whole school year up front. That means I have to come up with an extra $500 this month to get her history, science and Algebra books. I will work six days a week to pull this off.

School started on Thursday, so I have also been extremely busy. I designed a record/assignment book that is specific to our needs. I got Abby going on the subjects we have: Language Arts, Bible, French, and Driver's Education. Her co-op classes (which meet on Mondays) will have some history and science, as well as personal finance so that will be enough to get her rolling.

I prayed about the situation and after much internal struggle, I sent Dean an email Tuesday night telling him that I am going to have to drop out of the marathon training. Two problems with continuing with the training were the need for new walking shoes (which cost ~$100) and the need to work on Friday nights. With the training on Saturday morning I have been taking off on Friday nights. Needless to say, in the cab business, Friday nights are the busiest night of the week. So, I am no longer training for the marathon. I am not, however; giving up on working out and losing weight.

Even though this past week has been a blow out, I have learned a lot about proper nutrition and exercise and I will continue to use that knowledge. There will have to be some changes to my workout schedule because of the new school year: co-op classes, field trips, homeschool Fridays at church, etc. Fortunately, Tuesdays and Thursdays my schedule is pretty flexible (except for the occasional field trip), so I will be able to go to aerobics again. I'm excited about that.

I did not weigh today because I was afraid of what the scale would tell me. Until next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment